Some Sunday emergency room observations:
- First ER: got to sit in the labor/delivery "room". Now I know why Ryan told me to go live with my mom as my due dates neared- it was SO OLD and was a storage room with the special table. Gross.
- Met a girl and her mother who nearly blew herself up trying to light her propane heater. She has no eyebrows and was there to get her dressing changed on her arm. She recognized Ryan: "Hey, you look familiar." Ends up he had arrested her ex, who is now doing time.
- Second ER/Urgent Care: In the ER lobby it seemed like a party- there were seriously tons of people there with no visable signs of distress. There must have been a car crash of something, but my thought was: hanging out in the ER lobby is gross. You would be safer from all the nasty germs at home. They'll give you call if anything happens. Seriously, what can you do in the lobby? Nothing.
- I think I was in the same room with a real, live prostitute. I won't go into the details of her phone conversation I overheard ( I'm sorry, but there are certain words you hear in public and think "What? What did I just hear?"), because it would be embarassing. I know why she was there, and it had to do with a "flare-up". TOO MUCH INFORMATION!
- Ed saw a brochure with a bunch of nurses/doctors on it, and said "Hey Mom! There is a picture of you!" as he pointed to the lady with dark curly hair. I told him that wasn't me, and he said "Yes it is. She has fuzzy hair, and you have fuzzy hair."