- I was reminded of the wonderful thing that is a soaking bathtub- bubbles and all. I think it's the cleanest my feet have been in a long time. And, a real shower! Nice.
- Not having TV/Internet- what a nice break. After the twitching was done, our house was a bit more peaceful.
- I watched Jessie sitting on the lawn on Sunday evening. She was just enjoying life, looking at the kids play. It was one of those "I love being a mother" moments. (That was just before the boys got all gross...)
- The kids and I took a hike down to the creek, where they played for longer than I wanted to. But, I let them, because they were having such a good time. It was fun to watch them. I tend to observe my children often, taking mental notes of their development. It's a habit from college.
- I got to visit with my grandma and cousin Jennifer. Jennifer made Kacy's day by giving her some jewelry.
- Watching my kids in the pool yesterday was actually... fun. Besides the wailing and gnashing of teeth for our little "lesson" portion, they had a great time. Ed's new favorite song is "So What" by Pink. Will likes to stick his face in the water, and with his HUGE smile, he sometimes swallows water. He has a hard time NOT smiling. Ed loves to sing and walk around, and of course, splash. Kacy is a lounger. She was so excited to see her girl cousins. Not that her boy cousins are chopped liver or anything, she just loves Alyssa, who is the same age, and Gracie, who is 18 months younger. The difference? They are GIRLS.
- While bbq-ing and swimming yesterday, Ryan was busy in the mountains working. We were eating hamburgers and working on our tans, and he was arresting a murder suspect at gunpoint. Fun story, sort of, and you'll have to ask him about it if you are interested. I'm sure it'll be on the news and in the paper, but I'll leave that for them to get all wrong.
- I've got a new, sure fire way of helping Will and Kacy make the decision to stop fighting- it involves them holding hands and singing "Kindness Begins With Me." They hate even the idea of it, so it totally works. They mostly get along just fine, but the car seems to be the trouble spot where they argue constantly.
- I've had to BBQ 75% of the meet that was in our freezer because it defrosted during the power outage. I'm going to freeze the cooked meat now, and I should just be able to defrost and warm up. I hope.
Welcome to my little ol' blog. I'll be upfront about it: I don't blog very often any more. If you found your way here because you read my book "Trailer Life," have a gander! But it's easier to keep up with me on Instagram or on my Facebook page. I have this long, drawn out theory on why I'm a terrible blogger, but that is a story for another day. Enjoy the ramblings of my life from the last 8 years or so.