Nothing life threatening, but a bunch of semi-minor injuries, and I'm ready for bed.
1) Ed got pink eye yesterday. We stockpile drops, so he'll be better in no time. He couldn't go to preschool today though. That's probably where he got it. It's not bloody, but just adds to the mess that is Ed's face. Read on...
2) While running errands today, we ran into Target. We were looking at notebooks, and Ed trips on his feet, falls, and hits his face on the bottom of the shopping cart. He bleeds, he gets a fat lip, and he has a loose tooth. We hurry to the bathroom to clean him up, pay for our stuff (hey- I don't drive an hour and a half to walk out empty handed...) and then I call our dentist. I take him over, where he gets an X-ray and a check-up. Nothing is fractured or knocked out of place. His gums look horrible, as does the inside of his lower lip.
3) While playing outside, Ed hits the back of his head on something metal (I was inside, so I'm not sure what it was), and now has a bump on the back of his head. No blood.
4) While playing outside 20 minutes later, Ed gets hit in the head with a shovel. Will was shoveling dirt, and Ed's forehead somehow got in the way. A small gash, bump, and a small amount of blood.
5) Ed slammed Jessie's thumb in the trailer door. No blood. Lots of tears.
6) While we were having our fun day in town, Ryan sliced his left hand open while working with some of the chimney parts. It probably needs stitches, but he's just going to butterfly bandage it, with lots of Neosporin. We've had good success with that method before, like the time when he was butchering a pig, and the pig's leg kicked one hand, which had a very sharp knife in it. That knife cut Ryan's finger to the bone... he put himself back together with some Neosporin and butterfly bandages. He said that it didn't bleed at first, it was just all fleshy and white. Then it bled. I'm glad I didn't have to see it.