Welcome to my little ol' blog. I'll be upfront about it: I don't blog very often any more. If you found your way here because you read my book "Trailer Life," have a gander! But it's easier to keep up with me on Instagram or on my Facebook page. I have this long, drawn out theory on why I'm a terrible blogger, but that is a story for another day. Enjoy the ramblings of my life from the last 8 years or so.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

This Week

Since I've last posted:

I have driven approximately 1000 miles.

I have been to the Urgent Care center 3 times.

I have witnessed my boys get chest X-rays 3 times.

I have administered numerous doses of antibiotics.

I attended a PTC volunteer thing where I attempted to fill goodie bags. This was fine until Ed stole a peice of candy and hid in the bushes. I spent 10 minutes looking for him. (Five by myself and five with the bus driver.)

I won a position on the school board.

I attended a fall festival.

I placed an order for tankless water heater venting pipe, and when I went to pick it up, it hadn't come in. I let the man know that I had to drive and hour and a half to get there, and would he please call me when it comes in for sure next time? Frustrating.

I took one nap.

I cleaned a construction site. Ah, home sweet home.

I've been to Home Depot and/or Lowe's three times.

I took the kids to playgroup.

I treated myself to a "smovie" at Juice it Up. Big Berry Combo, I think.

I have managed to keep up with the laundry, thanks to the beautiful weather we have had. Almost too warm... but I'll take it for housekeeping purposes.

I have been cooking dinner. It's cooled off enough to actually cook in the trailer. We've had some interesting concoctions a la Karrie.

I read a novel, "A Spoonful of Poison" by MC Beaton. A quick, easy "whodunit."

Notes for posterity: Last Saturday I took Will and Ed into Urgent Care. Will was diagnosed with "not quite pneumonia" and Ed had a cyst drained from the back of his knee. The cyst came showed up Friday morning, about the size of a golf ball. Will got meds and got better pretty quickly. Thursday after I ordered the venting pipe, I took Ed and Jessie to the Urgent Care. Jessie has a double ear infection, and Ed had Bronchitis. They took x-rays of Ed that day to double check. Friday, after I found out the venting pipe was not on the transfer truck for some reason, I took Ed in again because he was wheezing so badly. They gave him a breathing treatment, took more x-rays, and upped his meds to include a stronger antibiotic, steroids, and a spacer for his inhaler. More X-rays revealed the mucous in his lungs had, in a 24 hour period, migrated deeper in, and he had a spot of pneumonia. He's getting better now, and sounds much better. Poor boy inherited weak lungs from my grandma and me. I'm now supposed to make an appointment with our regular pediatrician to see about her maybe needing tubes in her ears, and for Ed to check back on his Baker's cyst that refilled the same day it was drained. There goes the money I was going to use for a camera flash...)

No comments:

Post a Comment