Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Thursday, January 19, 2012
We are gearing up for puppy life, and for fun I did a YouTube search on Queenslands. There is one annoying video where the dog is jumping up on the camera over and over, which is just bad manners. The rest all show how smart the dog is. There are 8 and 9 week old puppies who sit, stay, come, shake, roll over, get the ball (instead of the doll!). Active (yes!) and smart (yipee!). Can't hardy wait to go get her!
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Ordered carpet yesterday. Ryan is installing last two ceiling fans (up high!).
Got our backsplash all figured out. It involves Mason jars.
Bought a dishwasher. The stuff dreams are made of! What will I do when I have both a real stove/oven, a dishwasher, AND my washer and dryer I love so much? I will be spoiled!
I was sick last week. It involved a lot of phlegm and bronchitis, and a yucky voice. At one point when I was clearing my throat, Jessie told me I sounded like "Darf Mater." (You know, like Darth Vader?)
Looking to buy a good canister vacuum that will tackle tile, hardwood, and carpet. Think I found one.
I feel like all I do is spend money. Probably because it's true. ;)
Tuesday, January 10, 2012
- Yesterday the kids went back to school. Of course they wanted to sleep in for the first time in two weeks. Ed was whining and tried the following tactic:
- The kids were rough yesterday. I enjoyed having them home for vacation. The change of going back to school made everyone grumpy. The day ended with me saying, "No hugs and kisses from me tonight. Since you all think you don't need to listen to a word I say, then I assume you are more than capable of taking care of yourselves. You may put yourselves to bed." Then I turned off the lights, marched over to my bedroom, and flung myself on the bed totally discouraged with my lack of patience, my angry feelings, and my frustration with my children. This morning was much better... maybe my utter disgust last night had an effect? It's more likely that we all had a good night's rest and were just more capable of dealing with life.
- We have been sleeping in the house. It was only supposed to be for Christmas Eve, but due to the fact the mattresses are so dang heavy (really old mattresses, very well made... and a memory foam mattress) they just haven't made it back into the trailer. They are being moved back today. I'm glad. Although the big house is much warmer, it is still a construction site, and very dirty with hazards everywhere. Ryan has been working on the ceiling, and I'll post some pictures soon. Our goal is get the scaffolding OUTTA THERE as soon as possible.
- My puppy might be born today... or sometime this week. We are all excited!
- I'm dieting with Ryan, which means low carb style. That's his favorite. We take Sunday's off, and last night I had a small scoop of ice cream. I'm not a very good dieter.
- I have a cold. It's not terrible, but I will admit that it makes me annoyed, which makes me a little grumpy.
- I'm getting my hair trimmed this Friday, and I can't wait. This time, I will NOT cut my own hair. I'm getting a lot more grey hairs all of a sudden. Of course, I only color my hair once a year. It's seems like every July I go buy a bottle of dark brown and color away. Could be that I notice the grey because it's all washed out. I'm only 34... I'm wondering at the rate I'm going if I'll be silver by 40.
- Kacy went to the eye Dr. and picked out a nice pair of wire rimmed glasses. Her eyesight has gotten a little worse. Her left eye is her "bad" eye. She's farsighted.
- Found the style of loft bed we want to build for the kids' rooms. CAN'T WAIT!
Friday, January 6, 2012
I broke my Facebook ban and logged on today and sent out my river rafting invitation for our girl's trip. I realize some of you don't check FB or are even on there, so here it is:
You are invited to join our girl's rafting trip. I haven't set a date yet, but am leaning towards a Saturday so dads can watch kids and working girls might have the day off. Either early June or mid August. (I guess a Sat. in July would do... but lots of us are are vacations then.)
The cost will be no more than $200.00. Start saving/planning now! (Includes the full day trip, two meals, a tip for the guide, and any gas money you might put in your car to get there.)
Where: Lake Isabella, rafting down the lower Kern (the Gusto Run), with Kern River Tours. Class III and IV rapids.
Lots of fun, and the guides are great. Bring a friend if you want (girls only!) and join us for an awesome day.
I'm looking forward to seeing you girls from last year again, and hoping more can join us! (I have to say, that for most of us not knowing each other, and me being the common link, I have AWESOME friends who are all very kind and willing to befriend strangers. Everyone had a great time, so if you are worried about being "alone" or think you are too shy, don't stress about it. Everyone I associate with is down to earth and can carry on a conversation, lol. And, my friends like people. I have no patience for people who take themselves too seriously, I guess. It reflects in who I hang around, and I love my people! Wishing I could socialize more...this is my opportunity!)